SUDBURY DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL
Opportunities for employment
Role: The Training Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Festival Administrator , the Race Committee Executive and all sub-committees of the Organizing Committee as directed. This position is responsible for all aspects of the training program. This position is made possible with the support of the Canada Summer Jobs Grant Program. Candidates must be: age 30 or younger, and eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to applicants studying sports administration, fitness, or health related disciplines.
- Provide on-dock stroke instruction for novice teams and participants
- Support clinics, training sessions, and practices at the Northern Water Sports Center (NWSC) – typically Monday to Thursday from 5pm to 9 pm
- Manage the online practice booking system and produce practice session reports daily
- Supervise the operation of the volunteer dock crews training schedule
- Conduct 2 full inventory audits on all race equipment
- Manage the training assistant’s sub-committees on race day
- Submit a report by the last day of employment
- Monitor the SDBF communications, provide weekly paddling tips, and report any issue of concern to the SDBF staff / Race Committee Executive
- Monitor advisories issued by the health unit and inform paddlers
- Adhere to protocols, guidelines, and procedures provided by the Festival Administrator and Race Committee Executive
- Support the setup and tear down of equipment and temporary infrastructure leading up to and immediately after the festival
- Ensure safety boat is ready for use and operate if required during lake practices
- Other duties as required and approved by the Festival Administrator or Race Committee Executive
- First Aid & CPR
- National Lifeguarding Service certificate is an asset
- Experience with word processing applications, spreadsheets and internet
- Pleasure Craft Operators license is an asset
- Experience working with community groups is an asset
- May 27, 2019 through July 21, 2019 for 30 hours per week @$14/hour
- Selected by the Race Committee Executive
To apply, please email resume and cover letter by May 10, 2019 to email@example.com.
The Festival Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Festival Administrator, the Sponsorship Coordinator and all sub-committees of the Organizing Committee as directed. This position is made possible with the support of the Canada Summer Jobs Grant Program. Candidates must be: age 30 or younger and eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to applicants studying Public Relations, Communications, Event Management, or Business.
- Provide support to the Administrator and organizing committees where required.
- Regularly update and maintain festival records and files
- Assist with volunteer coordination and recruitment
- Assist with sponsorship and inventory control as directed
- Provide clerical, communications and administrative support
- Communicate with various stakeholders and participants as directed
- Assist the organization as needed on race day (July 13)
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience with a not-for-profit group
- May 27th through July 21st for 35 hours per week – $14/hour
Please submit applications by 4 p.m. on Friday, May 10th to firstname.lastname@example.org.