Join the Board
Become a Director of the Sudbury Dragon Boat Festival
and help us a make a difference in the community.
Sudbury Dragon Boat Festival is currently seeking candidates to join its Board of Directors. As a volunteer Board Member, you would take an active role in planning and executing the Festival and its various activities. Active board membership requires a commitment to attend and participate fully in monthly meetings as well as membership in at least one standing committee. This requires a minimum commitment of at least 6 hours a month. Members of the Board act in a position of trust and are responsible for the Festival’s effective governance.
We welcome mature, experienced candidates from a variety of skills and backgrounds. In particular we are looking for people who have skills and knowledge to contribute in the following board activities:
- Bookkeeping and finance
- Human resources
- Marketing/Social Media/Public Relations
- IT & Digital Media
- Governance and Policy Development
- Resources and Community Development
- Government and Funding Relations
Board Member Commitments:
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled board meetings on a monthly basis (2 hours in the evening from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm) and perform any follow up tasks required
- Join and contribute to one standing committee and perform associated tasks as required
- Volunteer for and accept assignments to support the Festival’s goals
- Respect the confidentiality of information related to the work, donors and community members.
- Represent the Sudbury Dragon Boat Festival at events and functions and meetings
- Leverage your personal and professional networks to support the Festival’s goals, including fundraising
Enrich the cultural diversity of the community through the Chinese tradition of dragon boat racing, promote physical fitness, encourage community and tourism, and raise funds for local charity campaigns.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email to the Festival Administrator, Angèl Riess, at email@example.com titled “Application: Board Member”.
Please submit your application by November 19, 2018.
For more information about our organization, please explore our website.