June 30, 2019 is the last day to register your team!
General and Registration Information
Entry fees per team
Entry Fees Per Team:
Team Type Fee HST* Total Local teams (Greater Sudbury) $1,000 $130 $1,130 Teams outside Greater Sudbury $700 $91 $791 Local youth teams (Greater Sudbury) $500 $65 $565 Out of town youth teams $400 $52 $452
- All equipment (boats, paddles, PFDs) for team members
- Coaching and steering clinics offered through experienced instructors
- Four Free lake practices; Additional practices available at a prescribed fee
- Challenge Series Cups provide opportunity for friendly competition against other teams within your chosen category
- Team Spirit; compete for more than just racing, by creating a positive enthusiastic team in the park on race day
- Opportunity to support the annual charity meets their fundraising goals for their capital campaign
Team Building Benefits
SDBF delivers a unique team building experience with emphasis on collaboration, commitment and co-ordination. Benefits associated with dragon boat racing:
- Dragon boating creates an inclusive environment – people of all ages and fitness levels can participate
- Breaks down barriers, inspiring positive communication as teammates cheer each other on
- Encourages improved mental and physical health through a commitment to fitness and team spirit.
- Fosters a feeling of accomplishment, completing a 500 metre training session or race
- A renewal of energy and creativity.
Rules and regulations
Click here to see the 2019 Rules and Regulations
Challenge Series Categories
Click here to see this year’s Challenge Series Categories.
Paddlers looking to join a team
We’ll attempt to place any paddlers who are without a team by referring them to teams that have requested paddlers. If you’re a paddler who would like to join a team, please click here to submit your request.
Bell Park, Sudbury
Register to Race!
Release your DRAGON!