June 30, 2018 is the last day to register your team!
General and Registration Information
Entry fees per team
Entry Fees Per Team:
Team Type Fee HST* Total Local teams (Greater Sudbury) $1,000 $130 $1,130 Teams outside Greater Sudbury $700 $91 $791 Local youth teams (Greater Sudbury) $500 $65 $565 Out of town youth teams $400 $52 $452
- All equipment (boats, paddles, PFDs) for team members
- Coaching and steering clinics offered through experienced instructors
- Four Free lake practices; Additional practices available at a prescribed fee
- Challenge Series Cups provide opportunity for friendly competition against other teams within your chosen category
- Team Spirit; compete for more than just racing, by creating a positive enthusiastic team in the park on race day
- Opportunity to support the annual charity meets their fundraising goals for their capital campaign
Team Building Benefits
SDBF delivers a unique team building experience with emphasis on collaboration, commitment and co-ordination. Benefits associated with dragon boat racing:
- Dragon boating creates an inclusive environment – people of all ages and fitness levels can participate
- Breaks down barriers, inspiring positive communication as teammates cheer each other on
- Encourages improved mental and physical health through a commitment to fitness and team spirit.
- Fosters a feeling of accomplishment, completing a 500 metre training session or race
- A renewal of energy and creativity.
Rules and regulations
Challenge Series Categories
Paddlers looking to join a team
We’ll attempt to place any paddlers who are without a team by referring them to teams that have requested paddlers. If you’re a paddler who would like to join a team, please click here to submit your request.
Bell Park, Sudbury
Register to Race!
Release your DRAGON!